HIH Studios

Monday, December 10, 2012

Garmin has a fantastic customer service!

2 months ago my Garmin Nuvi (Nüvi) 760 GPS broke after using it every day for 5 years. When I turned it on I could do anything with it, and worked fine for about 30 seconds, and then it would turn off on its own. I checked on Garmin.com to see if there are new firmware updates as the company often re-leases updates with hopes that perhaps new updates will fix the self shutting down. As I was checking for new updates for my device, I was shown a message on Garmin.com that my device has being re-called for technical issues, I filled a very simple online form and send it, within 1 hour I received an e-mail from Garmin with free shipping label and address to where to ship my not working GPS, and was told that it will take up to 3 weeks to either get my GPS back fixed. It took 4 weeks since Garmin doesn't work on week-ends, but I got a package with a letter, the letter says that since Garmin could not fix my device they are sending me a replacement, they send me Garmin Nuvi (Nüvi) 765. I am a very happy Garmin customer!

No comments: